Castiel/Dean fanfiction (which takes place before season 7) in which:
- Dean does not turn into a complete girl
- Dean does not turn into a complete wuss
- Dean does not turn into a guy who's suddenly okay with having feelings for a guy.
- Dean does not turn into a guy who's okay with talking about feelings, daily.
- Castiel does not turn into a sex god
- Castiel does not turn into a not-socially awkward dude.
In other words; no OOC business and as canon-ish as possible. The SPN fanfiction writers (that I have read so far) seem to have a real problem with this. Dean does not strike me as a guy who, once he realizes he might have feelings for Cas, suddenly turns into this flowery person, talking about how he loves the angel and shits rainbows all across the land.
And Castiel, don't get me started. The man is one of the most socially-awkward people ever shown on television! Who, also, has very little experience with sex and sexuality in general. That does not go away as soon as he realizes he really lubs Dean.
Is there such a thing in this world?
(I don't care much about ratings. But I'd like the more serious fics. And while one-shots can be interesting I do prefer longer stories.)
1 year ago on April 1st, 2012 | 7 notes